Thursday 19 September 2013

Thursday Treasury


I haven't been blogging much this week (at all really) because my Dad is here visiting me. He arrived on Monday morning and we have been having a lovely time together. So far we have had some lovely meals together, had a few nights out, walked the length and breadth of the city exploring and of course, I brought him to see my exhibition.

Today we got out of the city for a few hours, deciding instead to visit the nearby village of Bakewell. This is where the Bakewell pudding originates from and so that, combined with it's scenic surroundings seemed like the perfect place to head to for a coffee and a treat.
And it is really no surprise that this is also where I got my inspiration for today's Thursday Treasury.

 There is something about the red of a cherry that makes me happy inside! It is most definitely my favourite shade of red.

You can find all the relevant details for this treasury, including shops + sellers here.

I adore all the items in the treasury (as I do every week) but this painting in particular really caught my eye. I love the knife technique that is used and how much depth and texture it brings. I also love the use of colour. That complimentary cherry red and turquoise together are so beautiful.


It caught my eye so much that I have decided to give this technique a go myself in my own artwork. However, you will all have to wait till next week before you witness that results because I am too busy spending quality time with my Dad.

Speaking of which, I'm gonna go now as we are off out!

As always, I hope that you are inspired by this week's treasury. I think the lesson I learned from this week is that if you open your eyes and look around you, I mean really look around you can gain creative inspiration from almost anything. Even something as humble as a little old Bakewell tart.

Happy Thursday

Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...