Monday 10 June 2013

Life Lately


I have been working in my art journal at lot lately, getting my ideas out on paper where I can see them. I thought it might be nice to share some of them with you all.


Yesterday, Himself + Myself had a day out. It's been too long since we actually went + did something fun for a day together and it felt really good. We got up early and went to a car boot sale first. These are some of my finds


1. Old books
2. Vintage buttons + postage stamps
3. Rusted metal findings
4. An old carpenters ruler
5. A rusty tin box.....but what's inside?


Fuses!!!!




A strange thing to get excited about maybe but for a mixed media artist like myself, this little tin box might as well but a pot of gold. The possible uses for these, seemingly useless fuses, are endless. I already have some ideas for what I could do with them! You just never know what you might find in these places. I don't think Himself was as impressed with the car-boot as I was though. It might take a bit of persuading to get him back there in the future.

Anyway, afterwards we travelled to Manchester to visit an art gallery there, stopping for a picnic on the way which was lovely. The weather was absolutely scorching in Manchester and we had a nice time looking around the gallery. And even though we forgot where the car was parked and spent an hour walking around the city in the heat, I didn't mind too much cause we were sipping on these babies


Oooh yeah! Triple Caramel + Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappucinos. De-lish! Defo what we needed on a day like yesterday. 
When we eventually got home we had a nice evening meal + watched a film, Layer Cake, I wasn't too bothered with it if I'm honest but it was a nice way to round off the day, just chilling on the couch in our p.j.s.

What have you all been up to lately? Have you been making the most of the sun? Leave a comment + let me know.

Take care

Ciara
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...