Thursday 22 August 2013

Exhibition Details + Thursday {Treasury}

Hi everyone!

As I said in the last post, I am going to be putting on an exhibition of my art work soon and I want to take this time to give the full details.

The exhibition is called "Awaken" - art for the lost and found, an exhibition of my mixed media canvases and it will be held in The Montgomery Hall, Surrey Street, Sheffield, S1 2LG. The opening night is on the 7th of September and it is in association with Light Night which is a fantastic event that is being run by Art in the Park. Light Night is a city wide event that gives professional and emerging artists a platform to exhibit their art form. It runs from 4pm - 9.30pm and during that time there is a lot planned for the night already such as workshops, performances, showcases, exhibitions and much more. I am extremely excited to be part of it and I just CAN'T wait for the night to arrive, it's like Christmas for me!! lol!




The venue asked me to exhibit my work for 7 weeks in total so if you miss Light Night and can't make the opening night for any reason don't work, you have until the 28th of October to go and see my exhibition. The Montgomery Hall is open from 9am till 4pm Monday - Friday (unless there is some other event on of course)

I am over the moon, floating on air, thrilled to bits, whatever way you want to put it, about being asked to extend my exhibition longer than just the original date of  Light Night. Having my own art exhibition has always been a dream of mine, it is something that I dreamt about as a child even, a very young child. And now here it is, it is finally happening for me. Not everyone gets the opportunity to say "my life long dream has come true" I mean when I think about that for a minute I get emotional! It's a miracle! I am so so so lucky. I am lucky but I did work hard for it and I still work hard for it, I have a lot of work to do leading up to the night of course. I put myself out there and I think that is a brave thing to do as well so I am grateful that I have the strength and the courage to do that, to follow my dreams. That is what I mean by luck I think.

So anyway, I hope you all get to come to the opening night (did I mention you are all invited) I will be there and so you may have the opportunity to ask me any questions you have about the artwork or anything else about my creative process/journey you would like to know. There will probably be refreshments etc, you know the drill. Hope to see you there!


On another note, it's time for Thursday Treasury...

You know the colours of Neapolitan ice cream? Well those colours are the essence of those gorgeous, fluffy colours. If colours were tangible, these colours would be clouds, or at the very least candy floss. This treasury is a last attempt to celebrate the beauty of Summer before the seasons change again.



You can find out all you need to know about this treasury here which includes the relevant shops and sellers.
My inspiration for this treasury came from a photo in a home decor magazine that I like to flick through every now and then. Of course I cut it out and stuck it in my colour inspiration journal.




I hope you enjoy this treasury and perhaps are inspired by it in some way. If so, do share with me what you end up creating, you know I love to see what others get up to.

Thanks once again for letting me share this events and little goings-ons in my life with you.
I'll be back soon.

Take care

Ciara
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...