Thursday 4 July 2013

Thursday Treasury


Hi pretties! 
Those of you who are familiar with Etsy you will know that they have a treasury section where members can create lists of up to 16 items that are usually based around a theme e.g. "Tropical", "Blue", "Love"

I have decided to start creating treasury lists as a way to bring inspiration into my own + to others art or creative projects.

This week's treasury is inspired by lime, yellows, greens, zingy + zesty colours. When I see these colours I immediately think of lemonade,  Key Lime pie, Mojitos. It is bright + bold with a Spring feel. I can almost taste the tartness of the lime! 

You can find out more info about this treasury here, which includes all the relevant shops and sellers where you can purchase the items.

I created this treasury off of this colour inspiration journal page



I centred the page around this picture of a lime/yellow flowery make up bag that I found in a fashion magazine. I loved the fresh colours but also the retro feel of it's pattern and I tried to incorporate that into the treasury through some of the items that I chose.


I pulled some paint colours + patterned paper I had in my stash that I felt matched the bag in the photograph and before you know it, the colour scheme was born!

I might go on to create a canvas or journal page to co-ordinate with this colour scheme/treasury so stay posted for that. I don't ever use these colours together so that would be interesting for sure, and challenging. But, I like to challenge myself, especially in my artwork because that is how I keep things fresh + interesting. 

I hope you are inspired by this week's treasury. Let me know what you think of it, leave comments below.
Why don't you send in some photos of projects you make using this colour scheme and I will show them off here.

Have a great day!

Ciara
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...