Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Twelve Makes of Christmas Day 3 - Beaded Wire Tree Ornament



I have been playing around with wire in my artwork a lot this year and I have really been enjoying it. After seeing this wire and bead Christmas ornament on Pinterest, I knew I had to give it a go.

DIY christmas ornaments
Supplies

Thick wire
Thin wire
Assorted beads
Scissors


I started by forming a Christmas tree shape from the thick wire and forming a loop on top, for it to hang on the tree. As you can see, it's not perfect. It doesn't have to be. I cut a long length of thin wire, wrapped it around one side of the tree. I started to string assorted beads to the thin wire while wrapping around and around the tree. Occasionally, I wrapped a few "bare" lengths of wire around the tree to give it a fuller look.
This project is very simple to complete and not as time consuming as you may think. I continued to string beads and wrap wire until the whole tree was covered.



These make excellent Christmas presents, especially for children to make for their Grandparents or teachers.

If you enjoyed this tutorial, why not discover more:


Take care
Ciara
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...