Saturday 18 May 2013

May You Be: Proud

Hi everyone!

"What have you done today to make you feel proud - It's never too late to try" - MPeople

Everybody has done something in their lives that they can feel proud of. What seems like a small effort to one, may be a huge accomplishment for another. Never under-estimate your achievements.

Feeling pride in ourselves can be quite difficult for some, I should know I've struggled with it myself at times, but just know that no matter how big or small your achievement, it is valid for you to be proud of it. And it is important that you do so.



Some of what makes me feel pride everyday are:

  • Making beautiful art that inspire people
  • Having my best friend love me back
  • Being a caring and respectful person
  • Following my parent's teachings
  • That I am a big sister to a gorgeous baby Brother (who is 19 now!)
  • Moving to and working in the U.K. successfully for one + half year. So far, so good
  • Making great new friends here 
  • Still having friends excited to see me at home
  • Creating an interesting blog that people are reading daily
  • Earning my own money
  • Taking time to write letters to my Granny
  • Being a good cook!
  • Flying for the first time alone yesterday!
  • Demonstrating my work in an art store next month
  • Being motivated and dedicated enough to take steps daily to create the life I want

This is a small list but I know that as I go on in life I will gather more things to be proud of. I wonder what that list will look like?
Perhaps it will say "Being a successful artist", "Holding my first art exhibition" or "Marrying the love of my life" who knows? That is the excitement of the future isn't it?

Now it's your turn. What are you proud of? I urge you to write a list of all of your achievements whether they seem big or small. I bet you will be surprised to see how many reasons you have to feel pride in yourself everyday. Some people may criticise and confuse your pride with cockiness, don't let this put you off. Those people haven't realised their own dreams and so are jealous of those who have. Hopefully they too will be happy with themselves one day. 

I hope you are having a beautiful + creative day

Ciara
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...