Tuesday 28 May 2013

May You Be: Messy

Hi everyone!
How are you all today? I am feeling a little under the weather today if I'm honest. I am having a bit of trouble with my ear, its blocked and a bit sore and the pain has decided to make it's way into my throat now as well so I'm not exactly on top form this evening I must admit. However, the show must go on as they say and so today like most other days I have been working at my desk, experimenting in my art journal and then progressing onto a canvas, hoping to conjure up something pretty that can be sold in my Etsy shop.
Really, I think I've just made a mess!! Lol!


Boy oh boy, look at that desk. Actually, don't, please don't stare at it too long! This is real life Ciara my friends - messy. I'm a really messy worker it has to be said, I don't have time to put things away neatly how they were found, I need to move as quickly as my brain is moving. Well, that's my story anyway....

I tried a new technique (new for me) today. I mixed some copper acrylic paint with my Crackle Accents to see what effect it would give, I was thinking it would look pretty cool. However, I was disappointed to find that, when it had dried, it hadn't cracked very much at all.


As you can see there are a few cracks but not near as much as I had hoped for. I guess that technique either doesn't work very well, or I wasn't doing it properly. I know there is some crackle mediums that you can buy specifically for acrylic paints so I will probably pick up one the next time I visit the art shop. But hey, that's what life is all about, learning new lessons everyday. 

I spent my evening designing and ordering a batch of business cards. Jeez Louise, who new it would be such a pain! Well, it took at while let's say and I'm not a whiz at computer design stuff by any stretch of the imagination so tasks like that can test my patience a little. But I got there in the end and I am delighted with the end result. Hopefully they will look as pretty in real life as they do on screen.

And because I love you, my fantastic, supportive readers, you can all have a sneak peak of my new business card design. You are the first to see it!


Yeeeeeeah! So excited! What do you think? Do let me know by leaving a comment, I would love some opinions.
That is all the news I have for you guys today I think, other than to tell you that I am loving being back in the swing of things after my break at home, getting back to my desk, my blog & my shop and of course planning and organizing new ventures, earache or no earache. 

Only 3 more days of May You Be posts! Where does the time go?

I hope you are having a beautiful + creative day

Ciara
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...